Before going down, I want to emphasize that I don’t collect your personal information. Even if I do I don’t share your personal information with anyone. There are certain things which can be shared with the third party anonymously for eg. If you comment on the blog I have to share comment data with Akismet for spam detection.
Last updated on 14th of July, 2020
Who am I in a nutshell
Scribble Minds (“I”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://scribbleminds.com website (the “Service”).
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
I collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Personal Data (While using our Service, I may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Name: When you comment on any section/ contact me via contact page, It helps me to identify you. Still, you can always Anonymize.
- Email address: May be required to contact you for Newsletter or transactions or promotions.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Usage Data: We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Information to 3rd party Scripts and Plugins:
Akismet: Akismet collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use Akismet anti-spam service. The information Akismet collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Cookies: If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies(completely optional). These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Examples of Cookies I use:
- Preference Cookies. I use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. I use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- DoubleClick DART Cookie
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
How long I retain your data & Use your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on my website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). The website administrator can also see and edit that information.
Scribble Minds uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Scribble Minds may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Scribble Minds
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Encryption & Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security and also All your data transmission is encrypted with SSL encryption using the TLS 1.2 protocol; the industry standard designed to protect the privacy of information communicated over the Internet.
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
My Service does not address anyone under the age of 11 (“Children”). I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 11. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact me. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, I take steps to remove that information from my servers.